Pages

Monday, January 30, 2012

WHAT?!

I am significantly calmed down since this incident, but that was my reaction plus much pouting and growling. I've been an avid FashionStar Fillies collector for a little over 10 years. With the help of other collectors I've built and maintained http://www.fashionstarfillies.com. I've recently gotten back into active collecting when I won one of the holy grails of the line, Prototype Dara NRFB (Never Removed From Box), on ebay. I haven't made any big updates and changes to the site since 2005. I decided it is time to revamp the site and put up new pictures. After going through my collection I found that I am missing quite a few things that I had borrowed before for pictures. So I set off to ebay to look for some missing parts and came across two auctions selling some of the accessories that were rare and that I needed. Long story short, I lost them both in the last few seconds of the auction. I didn't expect anyone else to put in the top price I had. I was really really furious. Now I have to attempt to find someone that will let me borrow the accessories so I can take complete pictures for the new site. It's not a total loss, but it's sooooooo annoying. On the plus side I was able to acquire most of the rest of the stuff I needed in several other auctions.

In my attempt to take nicer pictures this time around I ordered a photo tent and some flood lights. So far I'm liking it but i think I'll have to try incandescent bulbs instead of compact florescent lights as they don't seem to be as bright. So far, I like the outcome:


This is my test subject Janel. I didn't clean her up or prepare her for the photo in any way as she is actually an extra I'll be selling. It seems like I need more forward light to illuminate her hair but without making it too shiny. I didn't like all the reflection of the flash, even when bouncing and using a diffuser. I don't want the subject to be washed out in an attempt to get the whitest most seamless background. I'm not too great at photography, I guess I'm not artsy enough for it, but I guess with a subject this still, I should be able to figure something out. I'm excited for the site relauch. It's still probably a few months out, but it'll be grand when it gets here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment