Pages

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Happy Birthday Brandon!

Brandon turned 31 yesterday and although he had to work, we did celebrate together as a family when he got home. We went out to eat at Monterrey's Little Mexico. Spinach Enchiladas were really good! We thought we would be able to get into Pappasitos at 5:30 but just from the looks of the amount of people waiting outside the door it was probably an hour or better wait to get a table. When we got home we had a little party. Zoey helped me make a cake. Red Velvet with cream cheese frosting and sprinkles. Lots of sprinkles, mostly right in the center of the cake.


The kids are intensely intrigued by the lighting of the candles. Zoey was really anxious to help Brandon blow out the candles. I wasn't sure I would have enough candles since when I pulled out the ones I had, I found that most of them had been chewed up. I assume they were wrongly identified as candy.



Zoey also helped me wrap a few gifts for Brandon. He got a nice heavy bench plane and a circular saw guide to make straight cuts without a table saw. Am I pushing for more wood projects? Maybe. Or it could be that those are just tools he doesn't have and everything else he wants, he just buys when he wants it.


The kids still have room for cake and ice cream. Brandon and I were stuffed. Mom came by at 7 to babysit so we could go out to Dave and Busters and play games. That was a lot more fun when you're not constantly keeping tabs on two little ones trying to keep them interested. Bran's favorite game was Deal or No Deal. He never takes the deal. I think our biggest ticket win on that one was 270. My favorite game was a kind of block stacker sort of tetris game. Each time I played I was basically guaranteed 200 tickets. We amassed 3078 tickets, one giant stuffed horse and two smaller plush animals, one of which Brandon gave to a guy with a little boy and the other some random person stole from us while we were playing Deal or No Deal. So we picked some prizes with our tickets for the kids and came home. I think it was a nice way to spend the evening. I love spending time with my Husband, he's the best. Happy Birthday Bran!

0 comments:

Post a Comment