Pages

Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year!

Ok So I know that is sooo yesterday, but I'm sending the new years wishes out to ya'll anyway! We had a really fun time setting off $250 worth of fireworks at my brother's house to ring in the new year. Can you tell Brandon feels a little repressed growing up in Maryland where fireworks are illegal? Well, since we have small children, we set everything off before 8:30 and the kids were in bed for 9. I wasn't feeling too well myself and I went to bed at 10. Our neighborhood doesn't allow fireworks, and in the past New Years and 4th of July the neighborhood stays pretty quiet. I'm thinking this year everyone felt really deprived because of the burn ban in July because no one cared if they got a slap on the wrist, EVERYONE was setting SOMETHING off in our neighborhood. That was even more apparent when midnight rolled around and woke me from my sleep. I'd say there was a solid 20 minutes of constant popping, booming, whistling and crackling. It seems to be a tradition for me, but I always start off the new year with being sick. So far I have to say this new year sucks, but I'm optimistic for the rest of the year.

And for your enjoyment, Zoey's version of "Wheels on the Bus"

the babies on the bus go say wah wah wah
the Zoeys on the bus go say shh shh shh
the mommies on the bus go say shh shh shh

Love that kid.

0 comments:

Post a Comment