Pages

Monday, January 9, 2012

A Whole Bunch of Crock

Brandon has been working for ExxonMobil now for 5 years and that company is not called the golden handcuffs for nothing. They really take care of their workers. Benefits are great, compensation is fabulous, and they're always offering gifts and incentives. For Brandon's 5 year anniversary at Exxon he was allowed to choose a gift from a pretty large catalog. Most of the stuff was meh ok, but there was also a pretty nice crock pot in the mix. I have one pretty old, small crock pot that I got from a couple in our ward when we first got married. I was always kind of interested in getting a newer one with a removable bowl and a few more features. The day after Brandon brings his gift home I decide to take it for a spin for dinner that night. I found a well reviewed whole chicken recipe, prepped it up and set it to cookin' on low for 7 hours.



The verdict: meh, it's ok. Brandon really liked the chicken, but I sure wish I had used my usual baked chicken recipe. It was very tender, like stuff in a slow cooker should be. I need to work on my crock skills. Every time I make something in there I never really like it as much as I'm expecting to. I'm asking you, what are your favorite slow cooker recipes?

2 comments:

MissRissa said...

Wow, Brandon, it looks awesome! Good job. Be honest- would it ever have gotten finished if Mel hadn't sanded it for you ;). That's always the yuckiest part. Jims been saying he's interested in woodworking for years... until I actually have a project I want to do and then he whines about all the time/effort/money or "it's easier to just throw the shoes in the closet and shut the door. *eyeroll*

MissRissa said...

Woops sorry.. Wrong post. I'm typing from my phone while holding a wiggly baby :)

Post a Comment