Pages

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Toddler Workout

There are so many types of workouts and videos, mostly targeting getting super buff for 5 minutes a day 3 days a week or something ridiculous. There was a time when I was trying to do Pilates every day. I love Pilates. I quit that because the kids would crawl all over me while trying to do the Pilates 100 and well it just wasn't working out. Later I got into Just Dance for the Wii, getting my heart rate up while dancing and thinking I looked as cool as the dancer on the TV. The kids would dance with me too. That was great until they got bored and would instead attach themselves to my legs and I couldn't dance or one of them got bashed in the face and I had to stop for all the crying.

I guess the only way I'd get any daily exercise is to have a babysitter. This morning I was sitting on the arm of the couch waiting for Zoey to put her shoes on so we could go Visiting Teaching. Ian attaches himself to my legs, like he pretty much always does and for the fun of it I was doing leg lifts. After about 10 I was feeling a pretty good burn in my thighs. He was giggling and laughing like it was the greatest thing ever. Then I thought, someone really needs to make a "Workout with your Toddlers" video, instead of them being a hindrance, they can be your training resistance to increase effort and results. Of course this would rely on your ability to lift, push and pull around 20-30 lbs and their willingness to participate. It would be nice if the exercise could be performed alone or with a child or two, but it would have to be fun for the kid too. Sounds like I'm asking for too much now that I think about it. If there's one thing I've learned is that you can't count on the predictability of children.

0 comments:

Post a Comment