Pages

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Daylight Savings Time

As I kid I didn't like the Spring forward very much, losing an hour of sleep and all. I loved Fall back, obviously every kid loves an extra hour of sleep, especially a teenager. This still rang true as I got older, had a kid. Now, two toddlers later, I'm absolutely certain that whoever decided that daylight savings time was a good idea, was definitely NOT a parent. While I'm supposed to feel like I have gained an extra hour of sleep for one day I find that I have lost 4 hours of sleep so far since moving my clock back an hour Sunday morning. It's a great theory that putting the kids to bed an hour later would mean they wake up an hour later, but apparently their internal clocks didn't get the memo. There they are at my bedside all bright eyed and bushy tailed ready for the day at 6 am. Ugh. Just when I had finally gotten them to sleep until 7-7:30. Unfortunately because they are also getting an hour less of sleep, they are grumpier faster in the evening. It seems to usually take them a week to adjust, but they are just not budging on this time's change. I might have actually gone vote on Tuesday if there was a proposition to discontinue observance of daylight savings time. I'm sure every parent would have been at the polls. The news talks about voter apathy, it's because we're all zombies from losing sleep over stupid daylight savings!

1 comments:

MissRissa said...

You should move to Arizona (hint hint)

Post a Comment