Pages

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

If I had a penny...

for every time Zoey locks me out of the house, I'd have at least a dime. Any normal person would panic in this situation, but it's usually just an annoyance for me. One of my requirements of our garage door opener is that we had a coded keypad entry. I highly recommend one if you don't have one. What's funny about the situation is that the reason I get locked out is because Zoey wants to come outside with me. The first thing she does is check the doorknob, and she can't pull hard enough on the door for it to open so she switches the deadbolt to lock and then tries the doorknob again. She still can't get the door open so she gives up. Hence I get locked out. Today I tried explaining to her through the door that she just needed to flip the deadbolt lock and she could come outside (I'd help her open the door). Bless her poor little soul, she just kept yanking and twisting at the door knob, the deadbolt completely oblivious to her. I finally gave up and entered the house through the garage. I dread the day she has the strength to open the door and the wisdom to understand the difference between a locked and unlocked deadbolt latch.

0 comments:

Post a Comment