Pages

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Welcome Fall

Fall officially starts on Friday and I am really excited for fall this year. I was recently inspired to pick up my needles and try out some yarn I bought some time ago. I don't do much knitting in the summer, I should probably fix that, but I always knit LOTS in the fall and winter. What better way to welcome fall than with a new hat.

Love this kid, he looks so sweet in everything

Some simple 1x1 ribbing at the brim

A plain stockinette stitch to let the yarn do its thing. I didn't use a pattern, I just figured all the math on my own this time. I'm getting pretty good at hats. I made a newborn size one first and the pattern is different at the different gauge. It's neat. I don't have any male newborns so I don't know what I'll do with it. 

I used Red Heart Soft Baby Steps, color 9982 on Size 7 DPNs. Here's a general pattern if you're interested:

Fits 16-18 inch noggins.

CO 78st
Join in round and K1 P1 around for an inch and a quarter
K around for 3 inches
Start decreases: *k11, k2tog* repeat around
K around
*K10, k2tog* repeat around
K around
*K9, K2tog* repeat around
K around
*K8, K2tog* repeat around
K around
*K7, K2tog* repeat around
K around
*K6, K2tog* repeat around
K around
*K5, K2tog* repeat around
K around
*K4, K2tog* repeat around
K around
*K3, K2tog* repeat around
*K2, K2tog* repeat around
*K1, K2tog* repeat around
*K2tog* repeat around
cut long tail, pull through remaining 6 sts and weave in ends

TA-DA!





0 comments:

Post a Comment