Pages

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Reasons I love Halloween

While growing up, the only thing Halloween meant to me was candy and dressing like a black cat and that was ok. In college, it was just another cold day and it was even worse if it actually snowed. Ugh. Now that I have kids, Halloween totally rocks my socks!! Ok, I haven't actually made Halloween socks yet but now I've gotta put that on my to do list!
  • Decorations! The kids think it is so fun to decorate the house with orange lights and giant spiders and flat-nosed witches with bad eyesight. 
  • Themed Costumes. Once you're a family there's so many more amusing things you can dress up as. When you can sew, only your imagination is the limit!
  • Carving Pumpkins. Not only do they smell good when they're lit with a real candle, they're so fun to make. Mmmm and roasted pumpkin seeds, and real pumpkin pie. Again your imagination only limits the things your pumpkin can be. Kids are pretty imaginative.
  • Trick or Treat. If you thought it was fun getting candy as a kid, it's way more fun seeing your kid figure out all they have to say is Trick or Treat and they get lots of candy! It pays to visit a nice neighborhood for the good candy since you get to eat most of it anyway, also a plus.
When I wasn't a kid anymore, I thought holidays would never be as much fun again, but when I became a parent, being able to make the magic happen and seeing the kids enjoy it, make every holiday even more fun than it was as a kid. 

How could you not love this little Ian Dinosaur

This will be the first year that Zoey can really tell me what she wants to dress as. It's gonna be so much fun! Ian just loves attention so I don't think he'll care what he is, but depending on what Zoey decides I might coordinate Ian.


Don't forget the November 1st Jack-o-lantern pie. Mmmm Mmmm!

1 comments:

MissRissa said...

Oh my goodness! Zoey looks so tiny in that first picture! Cambry seems to be sticking with Rapunzel and so Ellia gets to be Pascal... If I feel like sewing that is! Totally with you on the whole excitement factor. Birthdays have once again found meaning in my life! :)

Post a Comment