Pages

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Happy 3rd Birthday Zoey!

Anyone that knows Zoey knows she LOVES Max and Ruby. For her birthday I decided she could be dressed like Ruby and have the Angel Surprise cake with Raspberry Fluff Icing that Ruby makes for Grandma's birthday. I had a lot of other ideas, but those were the only two that came to fruition at the party.


It took me a while to find just the right pattern for the dress, and still it's not 100% like ruby's but pretty close. Since the pattern on the dress wasn't something I was able to find readily I just used a solid yellow broadcloth to the make the dress and make a stencil from some paper and drew on the Xs and +s with fabric crayon and then set it with a hot iron. I like the way it turned out. Ruby's shirt isnt a button down but this was the pattern that I had and the collar and sleeves were correct so I figured it was close enough. Overall I like the way the outfit turned out. Ian was supposed to be Max, though max's shirt is yellow and red striped and his overalls are plain, but since it wasn't his party, I think it was ok like this.

For the cake I made an Angel Food Cake from scratch, and it turned out perfect. Zoey doesn't like raspberries so I used strawberries instead. For the icing I whipped some cream with a little powdered sugar. Though technically the top of the cake is supposed to have butter cream roses, I liked the whole strawberries. The heart and star sprinkles are right! Mmm Mmm good.

A very eager Zoey waits to sing happy birthday so she can dig in.

At 3 years old, they have the blowing out candles thing down pat!

Then presents! Zoey got so many great clothes!

Fun activities, she loooooooves play-doh and paint!

Of course more sidewalk chalk. Whatever crazy person that invented colored bubbles was totally smoking something, after blowing 3 bubbles I decided the only way we were going to use these things is if the kids are naked outside and getting ready to take a bath. While they claim to be washable they're an uncontrollable mess!!

The thing I thought she would be most excited about, her very own scooter, she had no interest in, and still, days later, isn't very interested in it. :-( That play-doh she can't stop playing with it! Who knew the whims of a 3-year-old could be so fleeting?


We all enjoy some cake and ice cream while video chatting with Grandma Lisa. The kids played into the evening at Masten Park and it was a great party! Happy 3 years Zoey dear!

0 comments:

Post a Comment