Pages

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Man Purse

Lets face it, sewing really does lend itself to the female side of the equation. All the creative puffs and ruffles and cutsey fabrics and decorative stitches just are easier to incorporate into a some female garment or accessory. I decided that my first project on my new machine would be for Ian. He really likes the handbag that Grandma made for Zoey so I thought I'd make him his own bag to put things in and tote around. I happened to have a pattern for a dress and matching purse for Zoey but the purse could easily pass for a messenger bag and was rather plain, a good start to add some embellishment with my new machine's capabilities. His first man purse was born. It's too hard for him to carry around so he doesn't use it much, oh well I had fun making it anyway.

Button closure is not really a good idea for a bag, but I just love using the button maker function on my new machine, it works so awesome. As you can tell I had some fun with the built in decorative stitches. I tried to pick some manly ones.

What kid doesn't love some shapes eh? Used the satin stitch foot to sew those on, nothing special there really.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really? A purse with pink on it? What are you doing to that poor boy? Although I gotta admit that the lettering on it is pretty awesome.

Marshall

Post a Comment