Pages

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Spelling it Out

Sometime there are things you want to reference and talk about to your spouse without the little ears in the room knowing what it is. In our case, it usually involves sweet foods. Since Zoey doesn't even know all her letters yet, we spell a lot of things so she doesn't butt into the conversation.

Brandon: I think it's time for some I-C-E C-R-E-A-M
Me: You want to go wake up your son before you do that?
Brandon: No.
Zoey: I want some ice cream!
Me and Bran stare at each other shocked
Brandon: You want ice cream?
Zoey: Yes, I want an ice cream cone with a little ice cream on top.
Brandon: Was someone talking about ice cream?
Zoey: Yes.
Brandon: Who?
Zoey: You were. I want an ice cream cone with a little ice cream on top.
Brandon: Go wake up your brother gently and then you can have some ice cream.

I guess at some point they figure it out, spell it enough times and you might as well be saying the word. We'll just have to use random descriptions of the word we want to use from now on. Kind of like playing taboo.

Can I have some sweetened frozen dairy product in a crunchy hand held shell?

0 comments:

Post a Comment