Pages

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Love That Bug

On our drive back from camping a week ago I got a call from a lady that works for Simplicity and she told me that I had won second prize in the Baby category for Ian's stinkbug Halloween costume! I was super excited to find out I had been one of the top 5, but I was beside myself thrilled to learn I had actually placed! I really didn't think that I even had a chance knowing I was going up against so much talent out there. While there was virtually no creativity in the sewing of the pants and jacket, I figure it must have come down to subject matter. Stinkbugs aren't a common Halloween costume choice. That and Ian is downright adorable as a stinkbug. How could you not love this:


So what did I win? Other than bragging rights, I got a fabulous certificate declaring my awesomeness and a check for $250! Nice! Maybe I'll have to enter more contests.

3 comments:

MissRissa said...

Wow Mel! That's so great- congrats!!

woolspinner said...

Congratulations! That is very exciting! And yes, Ian does make an adorable stink bug. But it was pretty clever to make his shell on the back, too.

Christina McKinney said...

Congrats, that's awesome! And also, I'm not surprised :)

Post a Comment