Pages

Friday, December 2, 2011

Here in My Arms

Since I graduated high school almost 10 years ago I don't play my cello very often, but every now and again (I guess about every 3 years) someone finds out that I can play and asks me to perform with them. It's always around Christmas, which is great, I love Christmas music. I'm usually really reluctant to play but eventually give in and agree because if you don't use a talent, then you lose it. While playing once every three years isn't much exercise for a talent, it's enough to keep it from completely rusting over. Every year, the Kingwood, Texas Stake of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints holds a Nativity Display and Music Festival where many groups in the area perform while anyone come into the building and see hundreds of nativity scenes from all over the world. It's so beautiful to see all the renditions of this miraculous event that Christmas revolves around. In 2008 I was asked to perform this song with a vocalist, and a string ensemble including a harp. I love harp, one of these days I'm gonna learn to play one. I'll probably be really old, but I'm gonna do it! After  a couple years of chaos the vocalist contacted me and asked me to perform the song again with the group.

This is not a very well known Christmas song by Rob Gardner, or really known at all. Brandon has been on vacation all week and I've been working during the day so I was really ingrained with  programming code so I felt really off for the performance. It didn't help in my hour long cram session I gave myself a blister practicing. But I won't point out all the flaws, just enjoy the words.


1 comments:

Christina McKinney said...

I didn't hear any flaws!! It was beautiful! I wish I hadn't been feeling sooo crudy, I really wanted to go :(

Post a Comment