Pages

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Company Holiday Party

Brandon has worked for ExxonMobil for 4 years and this was the first year we decided to go to the Company Holiday party. I'd have to say the whole thing felt kind of awkward. When we got there, everyone was crammed into this lobby outside of the ballroom where dinner was going to be served and it was so loud you had to yell just to talk to anyone. This is also where a photographer was set up so you could get your picture taken. Each employee could have two shots so Brandon and I chose to do two poses to increase our odds of it not being a horrible picture, but we struck out. It was so homecoming feeling, and I don't know how a photographer can make a person as skinny as me have a double chin but she did it. Here is the least awkward of the two photos.


The best part of the whole night was the FOOD. It was so freakin' good!!! I'm used to eating at like 5-5:30 but dinner wasn't until 7:30, I was so hungry! It was a four corners of the world theme with South America, Europe, Asia, and North America. I went to South America first and had these AMAZING chicken empanadas with a cilantro cream sauce. If you've ever had the southwestern egg rolls at Chili's it was reminiscent of those. This section also had some really good roasted beef with a pesto type sauce. Yummy. Then I went to Europe, probably the worst selection of food but they did offer a classic greek salad that was also incredibly delicious. Brandon didn't think so, but he doesn't like feta cheese, kalamata olives or greek vinegarette. He ate before he came anyway. After that I was sooo stuffed. I really wanted to go to Asia and get some mini egg rolls but I was so full. So I then packed down a large martini glass of strawberries and whipped cream, a chocolate tulip with chocolate mousse, and a creme brule. At this point I was sooooo uncomfortable I was so full.

We chatted with some co workers and also BYU grads. Funny how we Mormons always end up gravitating to one another. We called it a night at 9:00 and went home, because we're old and have kids. I guess that doesn't explain why I stayed up til almost midnight to finish configuring a web server and install a web app. That's work for ya.

1 comments:

MissRissa said...

You look so pretty Mel!

Post a Comment