Pages

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Quiet!

Typically when Ian starts getting into things over and over after I tell him not to, that's pretty much his way of saying he is bored. Like today he would not stay out of the dog's water and it was driving me crazy. So I decided to take him to the play room and we'd play together. I rotate the kids' toys every couple of weeks and have taken out all the musical toys for this round. While Ian and I are playing on the toy guitar, Zoey gets interested in all the fun we're having and comes over to investigate. It goes something like this:

Me: "Here Zoey, you play Piano, Ian will play guitar, and I'll play drums"

Zoey bangs a few keys on the xylophone piano and Ian pushes a few buttons on the toy guitar and I start rocking out banging and smacking and generally being loud and crazy on the drums and any other object I can bang on near by. About halfway through our rock out Ian and Zoey stop and just watch me be obnoxious. When I finish, Zoey picks up a small stuffed turtle and says:

"Here mom, play with something quiet"

And walks away. Awesome.

1 comments:

MissRissa said...

Ha!

Post a Comment