Pages

Monday, June 25, 2012

Until We Meet Again

Last weekend we made an unscheduled visit to Louisiana because my grandfather had passed away. I was really shocked because I didn't realize he was in bad health, and really his passing was unexpected. Paw Paw Paul and I were never really close, he wasn't a particularly affectionate grandfather, but I do remember him with great fondness and love. Some of my favorite traits and memories about him:

He was an amazing gardener with so much knowledge
His skills were wide and versatile
He always said, "Plant a fruit tree and you'll never go hungry!"
He loved to talk! And I liked to listen.
His laugh was unique and fun

The service was simple and beautiful and I'm glad I had the chance to attend. I'm so grateful for my knowledge of the gospel, that though he is no longer here in mortality, that his spirit lives on and that we will be able to see each other again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment