Pages

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Houston Pony Meet 2012

The last pony meet I have been to before this one I think was 2006 in Maryland. I went with me dearest MIL and we had a grand 'ol time. Since the kids have come along, I haven't done much in the way of pony collecting. I have been really out of the loop but I caught wind of this meet and decided Zoey was old enough to enjoy it so I could use her as an excuse to go. I didn't even tell her about it until the night before (to bribe her to go to bed). We referred to it as the Pony Party. She was pretty excited. As I expected she was really shy when we got there. I think she was a little confused at the fact that she was the only kid there. As people showed up her eyes got wider and wider as the ponies began to make their appearance. We all talked and laughed, watched Friendship is Magic, ate lots of goodies, colored, and best of all, played games and bought ponies!


The meet from a 3 year old's point of view.

Zoey plays with some of her new ponies she bought (with mom's money, lol). She must have had about 20 new additions to her herd. Most of those being the McDonald's ponies she won in the raffle and blind bag ponies, but she loves them!

Ponies for sale.

One of her Pony Plinko prizes.

Me and Zoey with our favorite new ponies.

Pony Plinko. Our host did an amazing job with this game, it was quite popular! I kinda wanted to buy the game itself!

More people and ponies, just all havin' a good time.

Zoey mesmerized by FiM.

Didnt get to take a photo of the cake before it got attacked!

Rainbow cookies were Zoey's favorite, I'm pretty sure she ate at least five. My favorite were the lemon bars!

Once she won this color with water activity book she was pretty content for quite a while. We left around 2:30 when she started getting restless. She lasted much longer than I expected.

The few things I bought for myself, except the twins I won in the raffle, woohoo! And my absolute favorite purchase, the hand dyed roving! Look at that stuff, isn't it beautiful?!

I was so excited to start spinning after my crash course at the meet that I threw together a makeshift spindle. It's pretty ghetto but it still gets the job done. I'm pretty awful at spinning, but I guess practice makes perfect. I can't wait to get my real spindle in the mail. My arm hurts like crazy today from all the unfamiliar effort of drafting and spinning on a drop spindle.

We had a really great time and hope we can go to another meet in the future. Maybe next time I'll be better versed in the ponies. Either way, pony people are lots of fun to be around!

3 comments:

~ Shanna said...

Ooh! Thank you for taking pictures, I realized after I'd left my house that I left my camera at home. Zoey was adorable and super well behaved, I'm glad that you were able to attend ~ it's so nice to put name with pony-names.

~Surfstar/Shanna

MissRissa said...

How fun! Zoey's such a cutie! Isn't t fun to share them with her?! Cambry has really gotten into ponies lately and we constantly have the show on it seems :) I wish I had kept the few pony's I had from the good old pony days to give to her!

Andi said...

Oh, your spinning looks great so far! Don't worry about the lumps -- they add character. Zoey was adorable and it was nice to meet you both!

~ KiwiSquirtBottle / Samantha

Post a Comment